The Rose Marie “Bonnie” Singletary Education Fund (The Fund) provides a one-time financial award to three graduating Holy Comforter-St. Cyprian (HCSC) high school seniors who currently and regularly attend Mass, receive the sacraments, are active or have participated in one or more of the parish’s youth or other ministries, strive academically, and display a willingness to serve others. The fund, named in honor of one of our first youth ministers Bonnie Singletary, was established through a generous gift left by Bonnie for the education of our youth. In the spirit of Bonnie’s love of and devotion to the church and to the children of Holy Comforter-St. Cyprian, the fund celebrates and honors those youth who embody the guiding principles of Bonnie’s life: love and service to the church and to others. The Fund represents Holy Comforter-St. Cyprian’s long standing commitment to providing a firm foundation for the future.
General Eligibility Criteria
An applicant or family must be a current member and in good standing at Holy Comforter-Saint Cyprian parish.
- Applicant or family must regularly attend Mass and partake of the sacraments.
- An applicant must be a member of HCSC’s Youth Ministry or show proof of sustained active involvement in service to others.
- An applicant must be a high school senior with an overall minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 (C+).
- An applicant must be accepted at an accredited college, university, trade or technical school in the upcoming academic year.
Applicants will be evaluated on their:
- Mass attendance and receipt of the sacraments;
- Ministry participation;
- Active and contributing membership with Holy Comforter-Saint Cyprian;
- Completion of the application;
- On-time submission of the application;
- A 2.5 or higher grade point average (GPA);
- Answers to the essay questions; and
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- All applications must be complete, received on time, and meet the eligibility criteria.
Use of Funds
Monetary awards are restricted to tuition, fees and books and are contingent upon proof of acceptance and/or enrollment in an institution of higher learning, trade or technical school.
All three sections of the application must be completed. Please included the following documents with your completed application:
- Acceptance letter from the intended institution, if available;
- Transcript showing current enrollment status and GPA;
- Three letters of recommendation from 1.) an academic figure , 2.) a church member and 3.) someone of your own choosing. (See attached instructions for submitting letters of recommendation.) NOTE: Letters from family members are not acceptable.
The completed application package is due by June 4, 2018. Some of the supporting documentation may be sent from another source such as your high school or a person writing a recommendation and may arrive separate from your completed application. You may submit the completed application and supporting documents in the following manners:
- Mail or hand-deliver a completed application packet with supporting documentation to:
The Singletary Education Fund
Holy Comforter-St. Cyprian Catholic Church
1357 East Capitol Street, SE
Washington, DC 20003
2. Scan and email a completed application packet with supporting documentation to:
Jimmye Claire Walker at email@example.com
For Additional Information
- Contact Ms. Jimmye Claire Walker at 202.546.1885 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
⇒ ⇒ ⇒ APPLICATION/INSTRUCTIONS FOR BONNIE SINGLETARY EDUCATION FORMS ⇐ ⇐ ⇐
(These are fillable forms. It is highly recommended that you save your essays in another document before posting into the fillable form. Once the forms are saved, you may not be able to edit the saved document.)