Rev. Msgr. Charles Pope
“For where two or three gather in my name, there
am I with them.”
PRAISE GOD and WELCOME BACK! We have good news regarding the re-opening of Catholic churches for public Mass in the Archdiocese of Washington: Public Masses are now allowed in the parishes inside Washington DC for up to 100 people.
WHAT’S HAPPENING THIS WEEKEND AT HCSC (June 27-28):
1. We are able to celebrate a public Mass for up to 100 people in attendance. You will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. At this time, you do not need to reserve a space.
2. Our regular weekday and weekend schedule will resume:
Saturday: 4:30PM (vigil Mass)
Sunday: 8:00AM, 11:00AM and 7:00PM
NOTE: Confessions are heard 1/2 prior to each scheduled Mass (except for weekdays and Saturday mornings).
3. If you come to one of the above Masses this weekend and are unable to attend because we have reached the maximum number of people, the clergy will distribute Holy Communion to you BEFORE the Mass begins.
4. Ushers will be present at weekend Mass to provide instructions for seating. Please practice safe ‘social distancing’ and wear a face mask/covering. If you forget your face mask, we will have extras available. Hand sanitizer is also provided. The sanctuary will be cleaned between Mass for your safety.
If you feel sick/ill, please DO NOT come to Mass for the safety of yourself and others.
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE RECTORY /CHURCH OFFICE?
For the safety of our staff and clergy, our rectory office is still operating on a limited schedule with reduced staff. The office hours are:
Organizations and ministries are welcome to meet in the designated rectory meeting spaces as long as they follow proper safety procedures: wear face masks/coverings and practice ‘social distancing’ while in meeting. Call (202-546-1885) or email (email@example.com) the rectory office to reserve a meeting space. Space is limited due to social distancing protocols.
WHAT IF I AM STILL UNABLE TO COME TO MASS OR FEEL ANXIETY DUE TO AN ILLNESS OR AGE?
The dispensation issued by Archbishop Gregory from the obligation to attend Mass during this time still remains in effect since we are not yet allowed maximum capacity and we realize that some of our parishioners may be more cautious due to underlying health conditions or age. All persons who are subjects of the Archbishop of Washington no matter where they may be, and all other persons who are actually present in the Archdiocese of Washington who are under the obligation, are dispensed from the obligation until further notice (cann. 87 §1, 91).
NOTE: The TV Mass (filmed in the Crypt Church of the National Shrine airs every Sunday at 10:30AM on WDCW-50:
No cable: Dish or Direct TV subscribes: Ch. 50
Comcast: Ch 23 in Washington, DC and Montgomery County; Ch. 3 in Prince George’s County and Southern Maryland
RCN: Ch. 15
Verizon: Ch. 3
Thank you and May God bless and keep you safe during these difficult and challenging times in our world. We are so looking forward to welcoming all of you back to the liturgy and to our parish home. We are very grateful for your patience during this transition.
Please view the following videos from Msgr. Pope on the re-opening:
RESOURCES FOR SPIRITUAL ENRICHMENT DURING THE PANDEMIC
- ASCENSION PRESS RESOURCES: https://ascensionpress.com/?utm_source=COVID-19+Resources+–+%232&utm_campaign=J1%3A+Check+List&utm_medium=email
- OTHER FREE RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jY96XBz7UrDmOHR9Hf0GXeboTvAJuy-Z
- UNITED STATES CONFERENCE OF CATHOLIC BISHOPS (USCCB) Resources during the Pandemic: https://catholiccurrent.org/covid19/?utm_source=COVID-19+Resources+–+%232&utm_campaign=J1%3A+Check+List&utm_medium=email
OTHER PARISH VIDEO COMMUNICATIONS
THIRD SUNDAY OF LENT – Scripture Readings for Sunday, March 15, 2020 – http://usccb.org/bible/readings/031520.cfm