“For where two or three gather in my name, there
am I with them.”
PRAISE GOD and WELCOME BACK! Our church has re-opened for public Mass.
WHAT’S HAPPENING WITH THE MASS AT HCSC:
1. Under local diocese and health officials guidelines, our parish is able to celebrate a public Mass for up to 100 people in attendance. Attendees are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. If attendance at Mass reaches the maximum on a regular basis then we may move to a ‘reservation’ process. We will keep you informed of the procedures if we decide to do this.
2. Our regular weekday and weekend schedule resumes with ALL masses held in the main sanctuary. The schedule is as follows :
Saturday: 4:30PM (vigil Mass)
Sunday: 8:00AM, 11:00AM and 7:00PM
3. Mass is celebrated by Msgr. Pope, Fr. Bryant and Fr. Thomas. Confession will be heard 1/2 hour prior to each Mass in the confessionals (which are sanitized before each Mass).
4. Ushers are present at Mass on the weekend to provide instructions for seating. We have roped off every other pew for social distancing reasons.
5. Please practice safe ‘social distancing’ and wear a face mask/covering to church. If you forget your face mask, we have extras available (ask an usher).
6. Touch-free hand sanitizer dispensers are available in the sanctuary. And, the sanctuary will be cleaned/sanitized between Mass for your safety.
NOTE: If you feel sick/ill or have a fever, please DO NOT come to Mass for the safety of yourself and others.
WHAT IF I AM STILL UNABLE TO COME TO MASS OR FEEL ANXIETY DUE TO AN ILLNESS OR AGE?
The dispensation issued by Archbishop Gregory from the obligation to attend Mass during this time remains in effect since we are not yet allowed maximum capacity and we realize that some of our parishioners may be more cautious due to underlying health conditions or age. All persons who are subjects of the Archbishop of Washington no matter where they may be, and all other persons who are actually present in the Archdiocese of Washington who are under the obligation, are dispensed from the obligation until further notice (cann. 87 §1, 91).
NOTE: You are invited to view Mass on TV (filmed in the Crypt Church of the National Shrine) which airs every Sunday at 10:30AM on WDCW-50:
No cable: Dish or Direct TV subscribes: Ch. 50
Comcast: Ch 23 in Washington, DC and Montgomery County; Ch. 3 in Prince George’s County and Southern Maryland
RCN: Ch. 15
Verizon: Ch. 3
Thank you and May God bless and keep you safe during these difficult and challenging times in our world. We are so looking forward to welcoming all of you back to the liturgy and to our parish home. We are very grateful for your patience.
HCSC RECTORY OFFICE & ADMINISTRATION
For your safety and the safety of our staff and clergy, our rectory office will operate on a limited schedule with reduced staff. The office hours are:
Please contact the office staff for funerals, weddings, baptisms and other sacramental needs at 202-546-1885 or email@example.com.
NOTE: We have votive candles, holy water bottles and other religious items available in the rectory office since our church store has limited availability. We kindly ask you to call us prior to coming so we can prepare your purchase. Thank you.
This is a very difficult time for everyone both spiritually and financially. If you are able to provide your tithes, please know that you can submit it electronically and securely through Faith Direct. Click this link or call 1-866-507-8757 to begin eGiving or to make a one-time donation.
If you are unable to use electronic tithing, you are welcome to mail to:
1357 E. Capitol St., SE, WDC, 20003
or drop off at the rectory office.
We are so grateful for your continued support and generosity.