History and our Mission
The Ladies of Charity was organized in May of 1932 at Saint Cyprian Church. This organization provides services to our parishioners and neighbors who are in need of food and clothing, especially shoes for the children. It adds the personal gift of self, time, devotion, sacrifice, and perseverance in the effort to bring dignity to each person and to respond with compassion to every human misery.
The Ladies of Charity meet the third Sunday of each month in the rectory following the 8:00AM Mass. Our principal fundraiser is the annual bake sale. We also accept monetary donations. The Ladies of Charity assists the Archdiocesan Ladies of Charity with their annual bingo for the “Shoe Fund” which is held at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church. If are interested in becoming a member or would like more information, please contact the rectory office at (202) 546-1885.